Thursday, October 6, 2011

A Boundless Faith in Government

Someone recently said to me that "government just screws up everything they touch." So I asked him why he was so in favor of Obamacare. He said because healthcare costs too much.

I've given up trying to change his mind.

Karl Rove said it well in an Op-Ed piece in today's Wall Street Journal:

This liberal lack of faith in the people is combined with a nearly boundless confidence in government

I'm taking his quote out of context, but I'm not misrepresenting his point. Today's liberals do not see the inherent contradiction in their policy positions. It's seemingly willful. And I don't see how their minds can be changed by rational, logic-based arguments.

Karl Rove: Obama and the Politics of Condescension (link requires subscription)

No comments:

Post a Comment